24 May, 2007

Kristen Sims

Sometimes it really helps if you don't have a very interesting name. You know, like MacGuyver Ignatius Santorimo. For one thing, everyone would ask you if your parents were big on MacGuyver (and frankly, the answer was often no). And then there's the spelling mistakes. Or the utterly ridiculous things like when Frank asks if MacGuyver's related to Benicio Del Toro. As if 'Santorimo' is anything like Del Toro. Or Torro for that matter, since I'm not quite sure how to spell that.

So when I have friends like MacGuyver and Frank Firth (the Frankfurter), I'm kind of glad that my name's Kristen Sims. I mean, there's not really all that much you can do with it. Until the Sims came out to be the most popular PC game of all time. So, like MacGuyver I get the people asking if I'm related to so-and-so Sims whose last name is more than likely not even Sims.

People can be such idiots.

No comments: